Diamonds have prominence in making precious jewelry. They have turned out to be icons of romance in society. The jewelry with diamonds is now linked to the idea that like a diamond is forever, and love remains forever. This is the reason they’re sort after for engagement rings.
Learn all about diamond strength and history about the reason that makes diamonds perfect for jewelry.
The hardness of 10 on the Mohs hardness scale is enough to make the diamond the hardest gemstone on the planet. It is this durability that makes diamonds symbols of never-ending love. Couples in a working relationship can purchase diamond rings that showcase the strength of their love. Diamond is so hard due to reasons such as:
- The molecular makeup of diamond which makes it hard
- A closely linked atomic structure that makes a diamond with tight covalent bonds
- The extremely concentrated structure is formed beneath the earth as a result of intense pressure and compressing carbon atoms.
Do you know the most beautiful gemstone on the planet? If not, you will discover that a diamond is the most beautiful gem. The attractiveness and value of the diamond can only get measured with the 4Cs. The first of these 4Cs is colour, which desired colour remains crystal clear. You get to know about clarity, which indicates the flaws/ brightness of a diamond. Carat refers to the weight of the diamond and not its size. If the diamond is heavier, it does not mean its better.
The cut in diamonds is arguably the most critical aspect. When the rough diamond is cut, they become responsible for internal light. This aspect makes the refraction of light that makes diamonds shine.
Why Do Diamonds Shine?
- Refraction of light and internal reflections
- Cutting diamonds creates angles that help maximize brilliance
- For too deep diamonds, light exists through the side walls